Midweek Update - August 10, 2022
- Wednesday, August 17: Back to School Prayer. We will gather in the ARK at 6:30 PM to spend time in prayer and write letters of encouragement for our students, teachers, support staff and administrators who are beginning their school year throughout Texoma.
- Wednesday, August 24: End of Summer Cook Off. Our ministers will treat us to a cook out of hot dogs and hamburgers. Join us in the courtyard at 6 PM for food and fellowship!
- Wednesday, August 31: Praise Night. Join us in the worship center at 6:30 for another night of praise and prayer.
We have a need for Bible class teachers and assistants-male and female-for this Fall! Children in classes, especially Wednesday nights, need volunteers to mentor them. Please contact Rachel McClure at 903-624-6156 to volunteer.
Our senior adult ministry will be gathering for a Pot Luck Dinner on Thursday, August 18, at 5:30 PM in the Atrium. Make plans to join us for food, fellowship and a presentation by our own Thana Furr on old church buildings and their cultural significance. More details on bringing a dish will be sent out by email soon.
Park Avenue Wednesday Suppers
Our PAWS meals will start back on September 7. We are currently looking for volunteers to set up, tear down, and clean up. If you can help please contact Shelly Calvert, 972-989-7025.
- No Park Avenue Youth Class on Wednesdays in August we are following the whole church schedule.
- Sunday Aug. 14th: Back to School Swim Party at the Trotter’s House from 5:30-7:30pm. Bring a towel and a swim suit. Please bring $5 for dinner.
- Sunday Aug. 21st: Park Avenue youth Parents’ meeting from 5-6pm. We will be discussing the upcoming fall and winter. Students are welcome to join. During this time we will also have a time of worship together. This will take place of our normal Sunday nights.
- Sunday September 18th: Front Porch Parenting with David Fraze. Registration will begin soon.
- Fall Retreat October 8th-9th! Registration will be open soon!